Thursday 30 September 2010

Tears of Joy

In all the commotion I haven't told you about Tuesday...
What a momentous day!

Eilidh's Panthera Micro arrived...
What a beautiful moment...
She knew what it was as soon as she saw Stewart from GBL Wheelchairs
and after some initial hesitation we put her in the chair and
whoooosh!
She was off...

For the first time in Eilidh's life she moved towards me, independently and under her own steam, to give me a hug...

I cried huge tears of sadness, but they were tears of happiness and joy too as Eilidh took her "first steps" to independence.  And I can tell you, mine were not the only tears shed that morning...

And since then...
Crikey, there's no stopping her!

She's turning circles, going backwards, negotiating doors, tormenting her sister, raking in bins, pulling out books from the bookcase, touching sockets, getting burnt on radiators, eating chalk... you know... all the stuff toddlers do naturally, the stuff that teaches them about their environment... and the naughtiness and intrigue that they do everything with amazes me ... and now EIlidh can have some wheeler fun too!

Joy.

Deep joy.

And you know what?  And this surprises me.  I still only see Eilidh and her smile. Just Eilidh. No chair. Eilidh is just Eilidh, but perhaps she's a little happier now too: she's finally independent.


 
I promise to post photos and perhaps a video link soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment